Friday, February 26, 2010

Story Number #2


As I said in yearly 1990-s many parking lots between 21st and 23rd streets in Chelsea were used as a flea market’s ground. Billy usually picked a spot on 21st next to St. Sava’s Orthodox church. I bought from Billy a lot of stuff. His tables always were overloaded with art supplies ( leftovers from art or designers studios ). Once I was digging in a box when my eye caught something in a small plastic showcase. I’d picked the item and was thrilled when found a signature “Paul Lobel”. It was a pre-Google and internet search era. In my trips to Flea market I always had one of the printed catalogs of listed artists - “Oh my God! it’s an American Modernist!” - my hands were shaking!


Paper Tier by Paul Lobel



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers